Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Sauce of the Week

I would like to introduce you to my new favorite barbeque sauce:


Safeway Select Honey Mustard Barbecue Sauce. This sauce is a very nice combination of traditional barbeque tastes, a low-key sweetness (hmm... the honey perhaps?), and a secondary bite to the flavor.

This sauce goes well with hot dogs, wursts, and related sausages. It goes a long way to cover otherwise boring or low-quality meats. Also recommended for pork ribs. I have not yet tried it with chicken, but imagine it would work well, particularly if baked with onions and served with rice or corn.

2 comments:

The Heart said...

Aren't you glad I found it?

The Brain said...

I tried the sauce on chicken breast (baked with onions) last night, but with butternut squash, not rice, and Blue Moon Pumpkin Ale. It was excellent, although, not being a marinade per se, the sauce naturally did not penetrate the meat very deeply.